VoIP technology has transformed traditional telephone services, superseding TDM and ISDN systems with cheaper, more advanced solutions. As with most business decisions, the choice of which telecoms service to use is often determined by cost. However, the added flexibility and advanced features of VoIP have resulted in its global domination.
Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) is the technological method of making phone calls over the internet or an internal network. Also known as an internet telephone, the use of this method of communication has become mainstream with many businesses choosing to cancel the land lines offered by traditional phone companies in favour of it. Businesses that choose VoIP technology reap many benefits, with the most prevalent being cost.
One of the biggest components of call charges is a company calling its own mobiles. With Cerberus VoIP, calls to UK landlines and UK mobiles are free, instantly reducing a significant proportion of most company phone bills. Calls to remote workers are also included, keeping you and your teams in touch.
Fortunately, the old constraints of location and equipment have become a thing of the past. VoIP seamlessly removes the geographical attachment of a number to a physical location, meaning you can get creative with your numbers, even including overseas numbers for customers to call. Remote workers are now contactable on their direct dial-in via either a soft client installed on a laptop or on a smart phone.
Advanced technology results in a host of essential business features; such as conference calling, video conferencing, instant messaging and presence. Since VoIP utilises the internet to make and receive calls, it is possible for a business to integrate the system with other software resulting in an enhanced experience for both employees and customers.
What is Included?
Every MyCloudPBX user enjoys the below features as standard, plus many more:
- Free calls to UK landline and UK mobile (one of the biggest components of call charges is a company calling its own mobiles). Calls to remote workers are included.
- Remote workers contactable on their DDI whether via soft client installed on a laptop or on a smart phone.
- Flexible numbering and call routing (VoIP remove the geographical attachment of a number to a physical location). This means you can get creative with your numbering, even including overseas numbers for customers to call (i.e. US customers can call in to US local numbers rather than making an international call).
- Call recording can be added in the cloud – meaning flexible storage volumes and easy access to files.
- Additional services: conference calling, video conferencing, instant messaging, presence – all help boost teamworking, especially across remote sites.
Cerberus Networks provide business solutions and expertise in communications, Internet services, IT systems and network security.
For businesses looking to replace an old telephony system, our managed, cloud-based phone system, MyCloudPBX offers powerful business telephony, allowing you to cut down on cost whilst upgrading your communications. A better experience, enhanced communications and cost-savings are available now.
To discuss VoIP technology for your business, please get in touch with one of the Cerberus team.