Microsoft 365 offers a range of security features to help protect your data and ensure compliance with data privacy regulations. Ensure that you are taking full advantage of the following ten notable features of Microsoft 365:
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP): DLP policies allow you to identify, monitor, and protect sensitive information from being shared or leaked outside your organisation.
- Advanced Threat Protection (ATP): ATP includes features like Safe Attachments and Safe Links, which help protect against malicious email attachments and links. It also provides real-time threat detection.
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA): MFA adds an extra layer of security by requiring users to provide multiple forms of verification before accessing their accounts.
- Azure Information Protection: This feature allows you to classify and protect documents and emails based on their sensitivity, ensuring that only authorised users can access and share them.
- Conditional Access: Conditional Access policies let you control access to your resources based on specific conditions, such as location, device, and user role, enhancing security.
- Data Encryption: Microsoft 365 offers encryption for data at rest and in transit, ensuring that your data remains secure both in storage and during transmission.
- Audit Logging and Reporting: Comprehensive auditing and reporting tools allow you to track user activities, monitor security incidents, and meet compliance requirements.
- Information Rights Management (IRM): IRM enables you to restrict access, printing, and forwarding of sensitive emails and documents, even after they have been shared.
- Privacy Controls: Microsoft 365 offers a range of privacy controls to help you comply with data protection regulations like GDPR, including data subject requests and breach notification features.
- Security Score: Security Score provides an assessment of your organisation’s security posture and offers recommendations for improving security across Microsoft 365 services.
These features, among others, contribute to a robust security and privacy posture when using Microsoft 365, helping organisations protect their data, maintain compliance, and reduce the risk of security breaches. It’s essential to configure and customise these features to align with your specific security and privacy requirements.
As a Microsoft partner, Cerberus Networks is perfectly placed to help you maintain a secure Microsoft 365 environment on an ongoing basis, ensuring that your company’s data is protected and that, you are kept up to date with the latest features and best practice as they change.
Click here to contact us and discuss how best to secure your Microsoft 365 services.